Click on the play button to view all the winning panoramas
The Grand Prize
Gold Award — David Vasicek
Silver Award — Boštjan Burger
Bronze Award — Denis Gadbois
Category Saint-Lawrence River
Gold Award — Boštjan Burger
Silver Award — Wael Chanab
Bronze Award — Roxanne Shewchuk
Category Old Québec
Gold Award — Alex McClain
Silver Award — Boštjan Burger
Bronze Award — Denis Gadbois
Category Historic Site
Gold Award — Jürgen Matern
Silver Award — Luke Woods
Bronze Award — Markus Matern
All members of IVRPA attending Québec City 2015 are invited to create and submit 360 media from Quebec City Area. Submission need to be create between May 20, 2016 at 0:00 to May 26, 2016 at midnight. For legal questions related to this friendly contest, read The Rules.
How can I find the best spot?
Because of this Panorama Challenge, we decided to organize the excursion on the very first day. At the end of that day, you will be comfortable to move around Québec City to make your greatest image of the Host City.
You are going to scout the city by feet with guides strategically located to share information about their location. Don't be shy and ask them questions!
On the next day, wake up early in the morning to immortalize a sunrise and/or grab your gear and shoot the blue hour.
You can also virtually scout Québec City on Québec360.com
How do we submit a panorama?
Instruction will be provide shortly.
The Virtual Gallery
During the event, the panos submitted to the Québec City Panorama Challenge will be displayed on all TV sets of a restaurant on Grande Allée Street, a few 100 meters from the Conference Venue. Panoramas will also be visible from the Internet.
The sites participating in the event
The Quebec City 2016 Panorama Challenge (Competition) is open to all members of IVRPA who attend Quebec City 2016 (Attendees).
This friendly challenge will show the world how creative IVRPA members are.
- By entering the Competition, you hereby accept these Terms, Conditions and Competition Rules.
- Name of the event: Québec City 2016 Virtual Reality Challenge
- Dates: May 20, 2016 0:00 to May 26, 2016 23:59 EST
- Participants: All ticket holders of the Québec City 2016 Conference.
- Submitted project: All virtual reality (VR) work must be 100% produced by the participant, from capture to submission, according to the Dates of Competition.
- Size of the VR: Photos must be equirectangular image (Ratio 2:1) 10000X5000 JPEG files which should be saved at 70% to end up with a file size of less then 30 megabytes.
- Categories: Nature, Old-Québec, St.Lawrence River and Inside Historical sites
- Number of VRs: Participants can submit up to 3 VR in each category.
- The Jury: The jury is composed of 5 judges.
- Prizes: Three (3) prizes for each category and one (1) Québec City Grand Prize ($3000 CDN).
- All entrants understand that any image submitted to the Competition may be used by IVRPA and its Event Partners, for marketing and promotional purposes of the event only. You hereby grant IVRPA a non-exclusive, irrevocable license in each Entry throughout the world in all media for any use in related to the Competition, including, but not limited to:
- displaying at public exhibitions in Québec City from May 24, 2016 to May 27, 2016
- inclusion within the Website of IVRPA
- inclusion within any materials promoting of the Competition and / or any exhibition organized by IVRPA or its Event Partners, in the promotion of the Quebec City 2016 Panorama Challenge and future competition organized by IVRPA in perpetuity
- sub-licensing the Entries to the press for reproduction in connection with the Competition and any exhibition for a period of two (2) years
- allowing viewers of the Website to view images on a computer screen, PDA or mobile telephone, in perpetuity
- Winners agree to submit a higher resolution image for printing purposes (exhibit)
- Winner of the Québec City Grand Prize must agree to submit a higher resolution image for printing purposes (exhibit) and will provide to the Tourism Board of Quebec, Full right of the image in perpetuity worldwide for the sole usage of the web site of the Tourism Board of Québec.
- Winner of the Québec City Grand Prize must agree to provide to the Tourism Board of Quebec, Full right of the image in perpetuity worldwide for the sole usage of the Tourism Board of Québec.
- No names will be shown or transmitted during judging.
- To enter, you must upload your image via the following website: http://www.ivrpa.org (the “Website”). Please follow the instructions carefully.
- IVRPA reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and remove any entry that does not comply with the following requirements;
- You are the sole owner and author of each Entry
- The image presented for judging must be 100% photographic in origin, generally this means using a camera.
- You confirm that each person depicted in the Entry has granted permission to be portrayed as shown.
- Each Entry does not contain any infringing, threatening, false, misleading, abusive, harassing, libelous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic or profane content.
- Each entry does not contain any material that could constitute or encourage conduct which would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law
- Each entry does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, contract rights, or any other intellectual property rights of any third person or entity, or violate any person’s rights of privacy or publicity
- You agree to fully indemnify IVRPA in respect of all royalties, fees and any other monies owing to any person by reason of Your breaching any of the foregoing
- Your Entry does not include elements which You have purchased or secured the rights to use stock images, or procured from the public domain
- You will accept the decision of the judges, and agree not to contact any judge directly in relation to your entry/entries, or engage in attacks on the judges or judging process in any media including social media
- Any photograph used by IVRPA shall carry a credit line. Any failure to provide such credit line shall not be deemed to be a breach, as long as IVRPA uses its reasonable endeavors to rectify such failure within a reasonable period from the date of notice of such failure
- The IVRPA and its Event Partners assume no responsibility and are not liable for any image misuse by external third parties
- The IVRPA assumes no responsibility for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Competition, and IVRPA assumes no responsibility for technical, hardware or software failure of any kind, for lost network connections, garbled computer transmissions, other problems or technical malfunctions with regard to the Competition. The IVRPA assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, corruption, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alteration of Entries. The IVRPA is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail addressed to IVRPA on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to Your or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Competition. If for any reason a contestant’s entry cannot be viewed or is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or technical failures, The IVRPA assumes no responsibility.
- In no event will The IVRPA, Event Partners, its advertising or promotion agencies, or its officers, directors, employees, shareholders, representatives or agents be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special or punitive damages arising out of any contestant’s access to and use of the Website. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, everything on the Website is provided “as is”, without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for purpose or use or non-infringement.
- You agree to participate in related publicity and to the use of your name and likeness for the purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity in connection with the competition without additional compensation
- All entrants must be ready to supply a high resolution image suitable for printing in the exhibition display, if asked, within 7 days of judging completion.
- There are no alternatives available for prize winners. Prize recipients are responsible for any import taxes or levies payable on receipt of prizes in your own country
- Winners will be published online on http://www.ivrpa.com
- Prizes are quoted in CDN$. The IVRPA not account or have any liability for any participants’ bank fees and charges that may be levied in currency conversion and currency transaction by the participating bank or institution. Prizes are paid in CDN, currency conversions to local currency are at winner’s expense at the time of conversion
- The IVRPA decisions are final. Right of rejection and or right of refusal are at the discretion of the event organizers and can happen at any time
- Judges, sponsors, and prizes may be changed without notice up to the closing date of the competition. The IVRPA accepts no responsibility for non-delivery of prizes from sponsors for reasons such as insolvency
- All entries are subject to the laws of the Province of Québec and Canada.
- All terms and conditions subject to change without notice with the exception of copyright clause 10.
The jury was composed of 4 judges.
Andre Becot has a BFA from l’université de Québec in Montréal. He was an administrator for the Conseil de la sculpture du Québec and for the RAAV for several years.In 1989, his project was awarded the silver medal for sculpture at the in Morocco.
Frédéric Smith Commission de la capitale nationale du Québec
Historian, author and archivist particularly interested in the old photograph, Frederic Smith has been working for nearly 20 years to the development of the history and heritage of Quebec City. Project manager for the Commission dela capitale nationale du Québec since 2006, he coordinates various projects of commemoration, interpretation, living history and heritage restoration.
Guy Lessard is a technician in graphic design. He is responsible for the design and execution of works in graphic arts for the Québec City Tourism.
Mario Béland, Ph.D., was curator of ancient art at the Musée national des beaux-arts du Québec from 1985 to 2014 where he worked, coordinated or organized more than 40 exhibitions. Author and director of a dozen books, Mario Béland has published dozens of articles, essays and notices in journals, anthologies and exhibition catalogs. Member of…
Prizes will be awarded to the ‘best of the best by a jury into four (4) categories: Nature, Old-Québec, St.Lawrence River and Inside Historical sites. For aeach category, there will be a gold, a silver and a bronze winner.
The winner of the Grand Prix of Québec City will go back home with an additional $3000 CDN in cash.
Thank you to our great Sponsors and Partners
Québec City 2016 - IVRPA 360° Virtual Reality Panoramic Photography & Video Conference, May 23-27 2016
Join IVRPA !
IVRPA Video Archive
Québec City 2016 Location Map
Québec City 2016 News
- 360° Surround Photography applied to Geography – Quebec 2016
- 360º Cinematography: Using Panoramic Photography Techniques – Québec 2016
- Bridging the VR Advertising Gap – Quebec City 2016
- Capture amazing light from the night – Québec 2016
- Chornobyl360: Creating a VR Documentary – Québec 2016
- Embracing Motion in VR – Québec 2016
- Future Vision of VR – Québec 2016
- Google Street View: Latest News – Québec 2016
- GoPro’s latest and upcoming developments in VR – Québec 2016
- License your 360° Panoramas with 360Cities and Getty Images – Québec 2016
- Live Video Stitching – Québec 2016
- New Roundshot VR Drive Metric – Québec City 2016
Many thanks to our Sponsors and Partners.
Most Partners are at The Marketplace.
Street View Challenge