The Google Street View Challenge is a friendly panorama photography competition between IVRPA members attending the annual conference.
Attendees of the Tokyo 2018 IVRPA 360º VR Photography & 360º Video Conference are invited to scout Tokyo to find the most scenic sites of this amazing city, select the best time of the day and create stunning 360º photos. These panoramas are then submitted before the deadline on Google Street View.
An independent panel of judges will select the winning entries and those winners will take home cash and prizes!
Join us this year in Tokyo and together let's show the world how creative and talented IVRPA photographers are!
The Tokyo 2018 Google Street View Challenge (Competition) is open to all members of IVRPA who attend the Tokyo 2018 Conference (Participants).
This friendly competition showcases the Tokyo 2018 conference and city to the world and spotlights the skill and creativity of IVRPA members.
Dates of CompetitionMay 25, 2018 0:00 to May 30 2017 11:59 PM
• Tokyo Offbeat
• Historical Sites
• Discover the Hidden Streets of Tokyo
EntriesParticipants can submit one (1) 360 VR panoramas (Entries) in each individual category with a minimum resolution of 10000 px. Participants can submit one (1) tour with a minimum of 10 panos using approved Google Street View approved one shot cameras. All Entries must be 100% produced by the participant from capture to submission, according to the Dates of Competition.
How do we submit a panorama?Panoramas will be uploaded to the locations throughout Tokyo on Google Street View. Links to the images and tours then will be submitted through this entry https://goo.gl/forms/2zl3UR8I5VO7Hlhn2
By entering the Competition, you hereby accept these terms and conditions:
Terms and ConditionsAll Participants understand that any image submitted to the Competition may be used by IVRPA and its Event Partners, for marketing and promotional purposes of the event only. You hereby grant IVRPA a non-exclusive, irrevocable license in each Entry throughout the world in all media for any use in relation to the Competition, including, but not limited to:
• displaying at public exhibitions in Tokyo
• inclusion within the Website and social media channels of IVRPA
• inclusion within any materials promoting of the Competition and / or any exhibition organized by IVRPA or its Event Partners, in the promotion of the IVRPA Vienna Panorama Challenge and future competition organized by IVRPA in perpetuity
• sub-licensing the Entries to the press for reproduction in connection with the Competition and any exhibition for a period of two (2) years
• allowing viewers of the Website to view images on a computer screen, PDA or mobile telephone, in perpetuity
• You are the sole owner and author of each Entry.
• The image presented for judging must be 100% photographic in origin, generally this means using a camera.
• You confirm that each person depicted in the Entry has granted permission to be portrayed as shown. Model Release forms are required when the image contains “identifiable” people (Sample-Model-Release). The photographers’ own model release form will also be accepted.
• Each Entry does not contain any infringing, threatening, false, misleading, abusive, harassing, libelous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic or profane content.
• Each entry does not contain any material that could constitute or encourage conduct which would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law.
• Each entry does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, contract rights, or any other intellectual property rights of any third person or entity, or violate any person’s rights of privacy or publicity.
• You agree to fully indemnify IVRPA in respect of all royalties, fees and any other monies owing to any person by reason of Your breaching any of the foregoing.
• Your Entry does not include elements which you have purchased or secured the rights to use stock images, or procured from the public domain.
• You will accept the decision of the judges, and agree not to contact any judge directly in relation to your entry/entries, or engage in attacks on the judges or judging process in any media including social media.
• Any photograph used by IVRPA shall carry a credit line. Any failure to provide such credit line shall not be deemed to be a breach, as long as IVRPA uses its reasonable endeavors to rectify such failure within a reasonable period from the date of notice of such failure. The IVRPA and its Event Partners assume no responsibility and are not liable for any image misuse by external third parties. The IVRPA assumes no responsibility for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Competition, and IVRPA assumes no responsibility for technical, hardware or software failure of any kind, for lost network connections, garbled computer transmissions, other problems or technical malfunctions with regard to the Competition. The IVRPA assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, corruption, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alteration of Entries. The IVRPA is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail addressed to IVRPA on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to Your or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Competition. If for any reason a contestant’s entry cannot be viewed or is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or technical failures, The IVRPA assumes no responsibility. In no event will The IVRPA, Event Partners, its advertising or promotion agencies, or its officers, directors, employees, shareholders, representatives or agents be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special or punitive damages arising out of any contestant’s access to and use of the Website. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, everything on the Website is provided “as is”, without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for purpose or use or non-infringement.
Where can I take photographs for the Competition?Scout Tokyo on Google Maps!
IVRPA Tokyo 2018 Google Street View Challenge Jurors:
Digital Communication Professional with over 5 years’ experience at 360Cities, web’s largest collection of interactive panoramic photos. Curator of VR panoramic photography and of 360º video. Community Manager or “user advocate”: listening, taking care, helping our community of thousands of contributors. Working for 360Cities as a Help Guide editor, developing new products, creating graphics, testing…
Javier is an optician with a long career dedicated to audio visual imaging, he learned the trade of optics and photo development in a family business when he was a child. After performing his military service as a parachutist, he moved to the Canary Islands to direct the ophthalmic optics section of Carl Zeiss. His…
Denis Gadbois vrpanorama.ca
My research at the University of Calgary focuses on panorama and 360 degree photography. 360 degree photography is a unique way to capture the whole world around us. For artistd 360 photography allows a lot of options to customize the view or projection providing their unique way to see the world. My career in academe…
The Challenge was introduced at the Quebec City conference and through sponsorship with Google the IVRPA members panoramas were showcased in feature albums which are some of the most viewed on Google Street View!
View selected 2016 submissions from the Quebec City conference in this Google Street View feature album:
View selected 2017 submissions from the Vienna conference in this Google Street View feature album: