Home Forums General Discussion Quebec 2016 Conference info ?

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Sam Rohn 9 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Ron Potts
    IVRPA Associate Member

I am new to your forum, I was looking to find information on the 2016 conference and cannot find anything. Is there going to be one in 2016?

Thank you
    Ron

Denis Gadbois
    Denis Gadbois
    IVRPA Director Member treasurer

Hi Ron

Thank you for your interest and yes and we are working on an excellent one in Quebec City Canada late May 2016. The web site will deploy within the next 6 weeks.

SANTIAGO SALINAS
    SANTIAGO SALINAS
    IVRPA Professional Member

Friends receive a warm greeting from Ecuador, I wish to attend the Conference in Quebec and for that I want to confirm the exact dates and venue of the event. Reservations for tickets and hotels in May are usually complicated.

George S. Pearl
    George S. Pearl
    IVRPA Associate Member

Can we at least have the dates of the conference??!?! I am trying to not have
    a work conflict in photo or video that will not allow me to attend. Please gives the dates!

George S. Pearl, QPP

Sam Rohn
    IVRPA Director Member webmaster

currently scheduled date is May 23-27 2016

@luc will make an official announcement shortly, stay tuned :)

Sam Rohn :: New York City
    360° Panoramic Photography :: www.samrohn.com
    Location Scout :: www.nylocations.com

SANTIAGO SALINAS
    SANTIAGO SALINAS

Hello Sam, thanks for your response. Sam I do not speak English and I am concerned that no translation of the conferences. Please tell me if I can access the conference simultaneously with my headphones the Spanish language translation. Sam finally want to know if it’s a good time to buy new equipment and technology, to start saving now. Thanks for all your help, a hug from Ecuador.

Sam Rohn

we have never provided live translation services at a conference, although if a particular group of members wished to help arrange such services we would be open to it :)

otherwise, we have many native spanish speaking members who regularly attend our conferences, and most of our presenters are not native english speakers themselves, so this has never been a major problem for most attendees

thanks

sam

SANTIAGO SALINAS
    SANTIAGO SALINAS

Dear friends, I want to attend the conference but I need to confirm me that I can have simultaneous translation from Ecuador the visa application to Canada takes a month so the faster you answer me I can make my application on time.

Ron Potts
    IVRPA Associate Member

Are all the early bird tickets sold out already?

Ron

SANTIAGO SALINAS
    SANTIAGO SALINAS

Ron have no problem paying for regular ticket, my question is if I can give simultaneous translation service, I do not speak English.

Sam Rohn

hi santiago

we typically do not have any live translations, but we normally have many many native spanish speaking members at our conferences from spain, mexico, guatamala, columbia, etc, and some presenters will be native spanish speakers as well, so you should be able to arrange something with other spanish speakers

sam

Ron Potts
    IVRPA Associate Member

No my question is for the organizers I just logged in and saw the early bird tickets are already sold out, is that true?

Ron

Sam Rohn

hey ron

yes, sorry, early bird tickets normally sell out pretty fast, we sent out an email notification to all members on feb 24, and tickets sold out in about 10 days

normal tickets are still available, other questions please contact bod@ivrpa.org

thanks

sam

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.