Home Forums 360° Virtual Tours 360° Panorama Accessibility & Disability

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Sam Rohn 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Adam Blankenbicker
    Forum Member

Has anyone developed a virtual tour that includes certain components that allow people with certain disabilities to access all of the content? Some examples would include:

1. Operate with keyboard only, including zooming in and out, opening hotspots, and browsing carousels. (Most tours you can explore easily with the keyboard)
    2. Accommodate a “screen reader”: If you open a hotspot and text appears, the screen reader will read it aloud.
    3. Offer alternative text: When an image is opened, text in the image’s metadata will be read aloud that describe the image.

In the United States, there is a federal code known as “508”, so being “508 compliant, especially on government websites, is crucial.

Thoughts? Comments? Help?

Thanks~
    -Adam-

Ray Fox
    Forum Member

Adam, I too am seeking information on accessible panoramas. Prominently featured on our website is a panorama depicting a special education classroom, yet we’re faced with having to remove it due to accessibility issues. As mandated by California law, we must provide a comparable experience to users with disabilities, but I haven’t been able to uncover much information on this topic. If you have, I’d love to hear what you’ve discovered.

Thanks.

-Ray

Sam Rohn
    IVRPA Director Member webmaster

some info about krpano and accessibility here –

https://krpano.com/forum/wbb/index.php?page=Thread&postID=61231

sam

Sam Rohn :: New York City
    360° Panoramic Photography :: www.samrohn.com
    Location Scout :: www.nylocations.com

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.