Home Forums 360° Video GOPRO lenses 220°, 250°, 280° which one choose (Entasiya)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  maxime parata 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

maxime parata
    Forum Member

Hi,
    I’m a 360 videomaker/photographer I used to work with the basic Freedom360 with 6 gopro but this rig doesn’t offer enough flexibility for shooting in hard conditions (movement, proximity, etc..).
    I wanted to buy one of those fisheye lenses for gopro on entapano http://www.entapano.com/en/fisheyelens/m12_fisheyelens.html
    The main reason is that I want more space to stitch but also a better image quality and the possiblity to shoot in shadowy places without noise.
    but there is some information that I cannot understand in order to choose the lens, such as the MTF graph (see attachments, the first one is for the 220°, the second 250°, and the third 280°)

I would like some explanation about these graphs, and advice from someone who already tried them to help me choose the best one.
    I would like to go on something that won’t make me lose too much quality no matter the price and the rig.

thanks,
    Max

Jürgen Schrader
    Jürgen Schrader
    IVRPA Director Member vice-president

While you certainly will get more room for your camera with a smaller rig, you will not improve the noise/signal ratio nor image quality as you are still using the same camera technology but with lower resolution.

Jürgen Schrader
    IVRPA Vice President

maxime parata
    Forum Member

Thanks for you response, but there is a lens, the Entaniya Fisheye 220 that has a F/2.0 appearture, that could possibly help me to get a higher luminosity and less noise right?

Once I tried a rig with 5 circular gopro + 1 top, with lenses and I noticed that the image quality (the luminosity and the noise) was really better than if I shot with the basic gopro lenses, unfortunately, the owner of the rig didn’t want to say what lenses he used.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.