Home Forums Virtual Reality How can i Create my own VR tour app ?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Thomas Sharpless Thomas Sharpless 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

jhon rodriguez
    Forum Member

Hello everyone, I have benn to work in pano2vr and i create some architectural tours but i want to use the goolge cardboard headset to create my own VR app…. i don´t find the correct information to create it.

I grateful any information about VR apps.

Luc Villeneuve
    IVRPA Director Member president

Did you post you question on GardenGnome forum?

Luc Villeneuve
    Professional Photographer

Thomas Sharpless
    Thomas Sharpless
    IVRPA Director Member director

Both Pano2VR 5 and krpano 1.19 have “VR” modes that display flat panos and stereo pairs on VR devices. You can make tours with either one.

With krpano, you must use the “webVR” plugin, which provides all the VR device support, then coding the rest of the tour is almost as in previous versions. You need a lot of experience for that.

If you don’t want to code krpano, Pano2VR does everything by a UI (which can be confusing, but is very productive once mastered; and there are very good tutorial videos). However its player is not so fully developed as krpano’s.

Kolor Panotour Pro is a good but expensive GUI front-end for krpano, that many people like. I suppose it now supports VR mode.

Thomas Sharpless
    Thomas Sharpless
    IVRPA Director Member director

The above mentioned solutions are for creating web content, to be accessed with a browser. To create a true self-contained app, distributed through a web store, is much more difficult. If that is your aim, you should first consult the Apple, Google and Oculus websites.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.