Home Forums General Discussion IVRPA TOKYO 2018 Conference

This topic contains 11 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Zina Sofer Zina Sofer 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Brian Richards
    Brian Richards
    IVRPA Associate Member

Has a location been chosen for the IVRPA 2018 Conference or any plans been made so far?

Brian Richards ~ 360fusion

George S. Pearl
    George S. Pearl
    IVRPA Associate Member

I want to know the same thing as I need to be able to plan and work on airline tickets! I do not know why it is that IVRPA can’t decide where we are going by the end of the yearly conference and then announce it before we all leave. So where is it? We don’t have a clue.
    George Pearl
    Atlanta, GA

George S. Pearl, QPP

Kyle Giesbrecht
    Kyle Giesbrecht
    IVRPA Professional Member

They announced in on facebook. May 28-31 in Japan https://www.facebook.com/events/714715938734814/

George S. Pearl
    George S. Pearl
    IVRPA Associate Member

This is great! Do we have a conference ‘airline’ that will give us a good deal if we all book through them?
    Sometimes I see that happening. Is there a conference hotel yet?
    George Pearl

George S. Pearl, QPP

Roxanne Shewchuk
    Roxanne Shewchuk

Save the Date: May 28-31, 2018

IVRPA – International Virtual Reality Photography Association’s next 360º VR Photography & 360 Video Conference will be in Tokyo, Japan​!

More details coming soon at http://ivrpa.org/event/tokyo-2018/

Attachments:
    Bob Foster
    Bob Foster

I am looking at the Grand Nikko Tokyo hotel for the conference this year. Has anyone else booked here already?

Denis Ivanov
    IVRPA Associate Member

Any help with getting Visa? Looks like we (Russia) need some kind of invitation from Japan side for getting one.

Andrew Baddeley
    Andrew Baddeley
    Forum Member

Usually the conference had either co-located hotel at the conference venue or close by hotel room rates.

It would be good to know now where the venue is and/or hotels…

Jürgen Schrader
    Jürgen Schrader
    IVRPA Director Member secretary

I agree, the location is not mentioned all too often, but it’s on the IVRPA FB announcement:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/National-Museum-of-Emerging-Science-and-Innovation-Miraikan/434853376568401

There also should be a list of hotel recommendations.

Jürgen Schrader
    IVRPA Secretary

George S. Pearl
    George S. Pearl
    IVRPA Associate Member

Hello Conference Directors! For me to schedule the trip and funds for my attending this conference,
    I really need to know what hotel is ours and the cost per night. Is there a group rate code that we need to know to reserve a room?
    Do you have any air line deals for our group?
    How much is the conference per person? When can we expect to get this information so we can make plans?
    The closer it gets, the more airline cost and fill there will be. I need to make arrangements now, not a week before!
    Please give us some feedback!
    George S. Pearl
    Atlanta, GA USA

George S. Pearl, QPP

Kyle Giesbrecht
    Kyle Giesbrecht

Hi George, I don’t know about any discounts for hotels or airlines this year, but tickets are already for sale here: http://ivrpa.org/event/tokyo-2018/tickets/

And the recommended Hotels are as follows:

Shimbashi Area:
    Shimabshi is 21 minutes by Subway Yurikamome Line from Miraikan.
    It is one of the busiest downtown areas in Tokyo.

Tokyu Stay Shimbashi ( IVRPA Bod Members stay here )
    Hotel Sunroute Shinbashi

Odaiba Area:
    The hotel which is the closest from Miraikan. 10 minutes on foot. High price.

Grand Nikko Tokyo Odaiba

Ariake Area:
    An area of 10 minutes by Yurikamome Line from Miraikan.

Hotel Sunroute Ariake
    Washington Hotel Tokyo Bay Ariake

Zina Sofer
    Zina Sofer

Can someone please clarify if the advertised conference dates including the day trip or not. I posted this question a couple of times but no one replied. Like everyone else I would like to organise my trip and a bit of travel on my own after the conference.
    Hope to hear from someone soon.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.