Home Forums 360° Panoramic VR Photography Levelling a tripod

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Luc Villeneuve 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Frank Cornfield
    IVRPA Profesional Member

I have just started shooting and stitching 360’s this week doing a few tests. I’m using a Nikon d800 with a Samyang 12mm 2.8 and a Novoflex slant head. First results have been very pleasing. This lens is superbly sharp.

What is the best way to level the tripod head? I’m currently using a good ballhead that I use for shooting commercial stills work but this is difficult to level for 360’s. Any suggestions for a set-up that can be deployed quickly?

Bill Gercken
    IVRPA Associate Member

Frank,

This is what I use: http://www.reallyrightstuff.com/TA-U-LC-Universal-Leveling-Base-with-Clamp

Huge improvement over trying to use the ball head. There are others out there. Be sure to buy an adapter plate that fits your pano-head. Down side is that it is expensive.

Cheers,
    -bill

Luc Villeneuve
    IVRPA Director Member

Personally, if conditions are difficult and cannot level my tripod perfectly, I do it in PTGui. Autopano can also do that. You need some vertical point in you image like buildings, posts, etc.

Luc Villeneuve
    Professional Photographer

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.