Home Forums 360° Virtual Tours Museums and 360° Technology

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Jesse Casman 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Jesse Casman
    Forum Member

Does anyone have experience doing 360° projects for museums? I help organize the theta360.guide site, I looked into how many museums are interested in using low-cost RICOH THETAs. I had the suspicion that museums require very high-res images to show of art work. In many cases that’s true. But I’ve found examples where the museum is focused on physical things, like the Museum of English Rural Life (MERL), and therefore 360° images are quite helpful, and extreme details (of a horse cart, for example) are not critical. Others, like the Waterloo Region Museum, are looking for a way to show off the main entrance or the floor plan to draw visitors to the museum and therefore do not require special equipment.

Anyone have experience with doing 360° projects for museums? I’d like to find out more. I’m focused on RICOH THETA, but I’d be interested experiences with any of the low-cost 360Waterloo Region Museum cameras.

https://community.theta360.guide/t/museums-and-360-technology/2525

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.