Home Forums 360° Panoramic VR Photography New to 360VR – pro photographer

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Jürgen Schrader Jürgen Schrader 4 days, 18 hours ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Casey Braunger
    Forum Member

Hey everyone!

I’m just now getting into 360VR photography, but have been a pro photographer for quite some time. Architecture is my main bread and butter.

I’m using a Canon 5DmkIV (and MkII) a 360Precision Atome head (6 stop detent) with a Sigma 8mm and Autopano Pro (and Lightroom) for processing

I’m having a heck of a time getting my panos to line up and “work” correctly. It becomes a blurry mess of images, even though it says I have 100% image overlap, “Excellent” global RMS, etc.

I guess my big question is, A) is it possible to have too many detent stops (should I have gone with the 4 stop for my setup) and B) IS there anything I an do to align the images better?

I make sure everything is as level as possible before I shoot so I’m just not sure what is going on that’s making the final product not line up at all. I’ve added a preview of what I’m seeing in APP. It’s 8 shots (6 around, 1 up and 1 down).

Any help/tips/ideas is much appreciated!

Jürgen Schrader
    Jürgen Schrader
    IVRPA Director Member vice-president

While in general for your setup it is advised to shoot four around your result is a complete mess and shouldn’t look like this.
    Unfortunately I only work in ptgui and can’t help you to solve the issue in autopano.

Jürgen Schrader
    IVRPA Vice President

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.