Home Forums 360° Panoramic VR Photography robot or automated head

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sam Rohn 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Fabian Mach
    Fabian Mach
    IVRPA Professional Member

Hello,
    I just met Luc at the Google Street View Summit and he mentioned that he uses a robotic head.
    I did not get a chance to ask him about it, so I wonder what others here are recommending. I currently use the ninja setup but like to get something that automates the capture.
    Thanks

Sam Rohn
    IVRPA Director Member webmaster

luc uses a seitz roundshot VR Drive –

http://www.roundshot.com/xml_1/internet/en/application/d77/d78/f79.cfm

i own and use the VR Drive myself, it is a really really great solid piece of gear, but, for the vast majority of my panos i shoot with a fisheye lens and nodal ninja R1 or NN5 manual head, smaller and lighter and quicker than a robot in many situations, for me the robot is best used w rectilinear (non fisheye) lens longer than maybe 24mm, or remote position etc

sam

Sam Rohn :: New York City
    360° Panoramic Photography :: www.samrohn.com
    Location Scout :: www.nylocations.com

Fabian Mach
    Fabian Mach
    IVRPA Professional Member

Thanks for your quick reply. I was afraid that it would be the $3600 roundshot model :-)
    May I ask which angle stop you use on the ninja? I have the 90degree stop and just got the 45degree. I did not get a chance to try the 45 yet.

Sam Rohn
    IVRPA Director Member webmaster

i normally use a 90° rotator and nikkor 10.5 FE with lens hood shaved off on nikon D800, great results with just 4 around at 0°

sam

Sam Rohn :: New York City
    360° Panoramic Photography :: www.samrohn.com
    Location Scout :: www.nylocations.com

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.