Home Forums 360° Panoramic VR Photography Samsung 360 or other 360 cameras ??

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Dejan Gajsek 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hemant Chabria
    IVRPA Professional Member

Hi – I was using theta s , but the images seem to have grains due to limited resolutions , I am waiting for the samsung gear or Nikon keymission, IRIS 360 is expensive , Please advise on any alternative ??

Hemant Chabria

Sam Rohn
    IVRPA Director Member webmaster

for inexpensive single shot all in one spherical panoramic cameras with no nadir hole, Ricoh Theta S is the only choice right now, march 2016

kodak pixpro SP3604k only covers 1/2 sphere, 220°, so 2 cameras back to back or rotated for 2-3 shots will produce good results and slightly better resolution than theta

iris360 is not inexpensive as you noted, and giroptic, panono, nikon keymission 360, samsung gear 360, LG 360 Cam, etc are not yet shipping to consumers as far as i am aware

but if you really want professional results w good resolution and minimal noise etc, you would use a DSLR or good mirrorless camera + fisheye lens + spherical panorama head like nodal ninja or bushman panoramic

sam

Sam Rohn :: New York City
    360° Panoramic Photography :: www.samrohn.com
    Location Scout :: www.nylocations.com

Tim De Sterck
    Forum Member

Hope you tried the gear 360. It is a very good solid device and is superior in every way to the Theta S

Hemant Chabria
    IVRPA Professional Member

Yes …It is much better in clarity and all aspects

Hemant Chabria

Dejan Gajsek
    Forum Member

I wrote this roundup article back in April where I check the viewer comments on Amazon and other ratings. I think it’s still relevant today: http://www.viarbox.com/2016/06/08/ultimate-list-virtual-reality-360˚-spherical-cameras/

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.