Home Forums General Discussion Share and load HTML files OFFLINE

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Tony Reidsma 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Tony Reidsma
    Forum Member

Hey, hope you can help me out.

I have Panotour Pro and have made some pano tours, however I need to be able to:

– build the tours
    – give the tour to someone
    – they need to be able to open the index.html file and view the tour

Public link: click here
    HTML files: Click here

Another one with video: Click here
    HTML files: Click here

These work fine in safari, but I need them to work on windows / chrome.

Help please.

Tony

Luc Villeneuve
    IVRPA Director Member president

Hi Tony,
    Did you post your questions on the Kolor forums? That is probably your best bet.

What I create with PTP is normally compatible with all browsers. I tested one of the link and it ran perfectly in my 3 browser (Safari, Firefox and Chrome).

There is some limitation if you want to run the tour on a local hard drive. Some features need a web server so if you do not run a web server like MAMP, some features might be disabled.

Go to the Kolor forum. the moderator has more details for you, I’m sure.

Luc Villeneuve
    Professional Photographer

Tony Reidsma
    Forum Member

Thanks Luc,

Yes, I posted it there but frankly I’m not too thrilled with their reply.

The PTViewer, which is supposed to be their app for making sharing and viewing easy, won’t play video in the iPad, and the HTML files require a special work around to open on a localhost.

I’m looking for a solution that allows localhost HTML files to be opened and used by sales reps in the field, on their computers or tablets.

I will say that the PTP is easy to build the tours, and online use it’s great, but offline is a pain.

Tony

Luc Villeneuve
    IVRPA Director Member president

Did you tried to create a PTV file? Build options -> Panotour Viewer -> Export to PTV.

Install the viewer on all computers that need to run your application and copy the PTV file.

I never tried it but this is one of the reasons why this viewer has been created.

Luc Villeneuve
    Professional Photographer

Tony Reidsma
    Forum Member

Thanks again Luc.

Yes, I tried the PTV viewer, but I’ve never had any luck when I make 360 video tours… :-(

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.