Home Forums General Discussion Sigma 10mm F2.8 EX DC on Canon 6D

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Bruno Garcia 6 days, 23 hours ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Bruno Garcia
    Forum Member

Hello all,

I have been practicing for a while 360 panos. My current equipment is a NN, Samyang 8mm and a Canon 6D.

I would like to upgrade my current lens. I was planning to get a Sigma 8mm. Today a local photographer is offering me a Sigma 10mm. I did a little search on google and the lens could work if I shave it, I guess similar function as the 10.5mm Nikon lens.

Any forum members that have/had experience with the Sigma 10mm for Canon? Should I get it?

Thanks for any advice.

Luc Villeneuve
    IVRPA Director Member

Hi Bruno,

I am a Nokon user so I don’t have any experience with this body nor the lenses you are talking about but you will find a lot of information on the web. Important points are sharpness, distortion, vignetting and colour aberration.

I normally use http://www.dxomark.com to get information. To check the sharpness, I use a Putora sharpness indicator which is the perfect tool for that purpose. You can then figure out the “sweet spot” of every lenses you have. If you get one, you will realize that some lens is not as sharp at all aperture so you can avoid them.

I hope that helps!

Luc Villeneuve
    Professional Photographer

Bruno Garcia
    Forum Member

Hello Luc,

thank you for your reply. I will look into that website.

Regards.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.