Home Forums 360° Virtual Tours Stand alone Virtual Tours

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  kiteboardbudd 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Jerome
    Forum Member

Hello;
    This is my first posting in this forum, and kind of a unique request.
    I am a Crime Scene photographer, and have been looking into virtual tours as a method of brining scenes into the courtroom. This would be scenes that do not meet the threshold of using an actual scale mapping device (such as a Faro), and would be for presentation purposes only (in other words, not to scale).
    I believe the Samsung 360 would be the best and easiest for myself and other members to use, however the post-production software and final product is what I am posting about.
    Given privacy issues, content of images, etc., I cannot upload images to a website as a final product. Does anyone have experiences with software that creates stand-alone tours which can be distributed either on a drive or DVD? I was looking into 3DVista software, but wasn’t sure if there were others.
    Any advice or information would be appreciated.
    Many thanks.

kiteboardbudd
    Forum Member

samsung gear 360 is garbage. its cheapest on market by long way, so if tiny budget is key, then so b it.

MUCH better options would be ricoh theta s (ok), YI360 (better), garmin virb 360 (best).

personally, i prefer to create standalone vr tours manually, using pano2vr. for more automated workflow, i like kolor panotour best.

-budd

Jerome
    Forum Member

Great advice Budd, and I thank you for it.
    Budget is key, so I will have to stick with the Samsung, I’m afraid. Right now we are experimenting with this technology so to dive in isn’t feasible at this point.
    One additional question, however …
    I noticed that with Kolor, in order to view and watch the off-line tour you have to download the viewer. Is this the same with pano, or does it export as a self-contained tour?
    Reason I ask is because anything I create simply won’t be posted or uploaded at this point – and will only be shared within the justice system.

kiteboardbudd
    Forum Member

pano2vr exported tours do not need viewer. totally self contained. just need web browser to view the offline html5/flash.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.