Home Forums 360° Virtual Tours Stand Alone Ways to distribute Virtual Tours

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Eduard Marais Eduard Marais 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

james Neiss
    Forum Member

I use Pano2VR to create single virtual tours. Is there a way to distribute them in an email like embedded in a PDF. I’m looking for a stand alone way to distribute without web hosting.

Thanks

Jim
    jneiss@downtown360.com

James Neiss
    http://downtown360.com

Sam Rohn
    IVRPA Director Member webmaster

howdy

sending large multi-file archives like a HTML5 360° virtual tour through email is not a good idea, it would require the recipient to download an entire archive before viewing (vs progressive download viewing in web browser), and tour would probably have to be zipped before sending which would create other problems as well (not many email clients accept unzipped directories as attachments), especially on mobile devices (no zip support), and many desktop devices will also not be able to view a local web archive (even if you did email it) without special configuration to bypass security restrictions on that local computer, as html or other web files received in email could be malicious in some way

you could send a single swf type flash pano via email, but flash itself is considered a legacy technology for 360° panorama tours at this point, and flash is not supported on any mobile device, and is disabled by default in firefox and chrome on desktop due to security issues, and random swf files sent via email might be flagged as suspicious or possibly malicious by recipients spam filters etc, flash is dead for a few years now, and HTML5 is the industry standard for 360° virtual tours nowadays

in short, you are far beter off getting a proper web hosting plan or using a pano hosting site such as 360cities or round.me and sending a link to your tour via email, not trying to send the entire tour and all required files itself in an email message ;)

note that if you just want to send a completed tour as a zip archive to a client to post on their own site etc, you can use a service like dropbox or wetransfer

sam

Sam Rohn :: New York City
    360° Panoramic Photography :: www.samrohn.com
    Location Scout :: www.nylocations.com

james Neiss
    Forum Member

Thanks Sam… get out of making pano’s for a few years and the world changes around one. :-)

JN

James Neiss
    http://downtown360.com

Eduard Marais
    Eduard Marais
    Forum Member

Try this http://www.host360photos.com , you can build a unique url where you can send someone so they will only see selected pics. And from next week you can even get your own domain name to host your or your clients’ 360 pics

Host360photos.com ~ Host your 360 panoramic photos in just one click!

Sam Rohn
    IVRPA Director Member webmaster

note for host360photos – this same response was deleted from a couple of other topics, posting the same link to multiple topics is spamming which is not tolerated here

thanks

IVRPA webmaster

Sam Rohn :: New York City
    360° Panoramic Photography :: www.samrohn.com
    Location Scout :: www.nylocations.com

Eduard Marais
    Eduard Marais
    Forum Member

hi Sam, sorry I did not mean to spam. I think what happened was that I posted it twice by accident.

Host360photos.com ~ Host your 360 panoramic photos in just one click!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.