Home Forums 360° Virtual Tours The future of VR tours

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Chris Leary Chris Leary 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Chris Leary
    Chris Leary
    IVRPA Professional Member

I’m a relatively new player in this VR tour world. Most of the work I’ve done is shoot, stitch and deliver a final pano. Recently I’ve gotten some request to create VR tours, so I need to start to think of how I want to deliver tours to my clients. My dilemma is compounded because I’ve also been emailed by or seen advertisements for services such as walkinto, tourmake, and panoskin. It seem to me that these services are popping up and seeking a share of my business.

So I have a few questions that hopefully someone can help clarify how I should proceed.

1. Should I invest time into creating tours with pano2vr and like kind? Or are these going to be less relevant going forward when creating VR tours?

2. Services such as walkinto and tourmake etc – are these the future of how tours will be made and hosted?

The advantage of these online services (called skin editors?) seems to be the connection with google maps and google street view (some say they will only allow googlestreetview photographers to use their service) The disadvantage is that tours now need a paid subscription – monthly, yearly and lifetime. I’m thinking that this is going to not only make me a tour creator but now VR tour manager.

Any thoughts and advice? Many thanks in advance.

saul burgos
    Forum Member

Tough question, I will try to give you my opinion like an owner of one online service like those you wrote.

1. Should I invest time into creating tours with pano2vr and like kind? Or are these going to be less relevant going forward when creating VR tours?

The only difference between them are that online services allow you host the panorama images in their on servers, So you only need to worry about sharing the virtual tour with your clients.

With Systems like Pano2vr, your tour is created and you have all the files needed, So you need to search a server where to publish your virtual tour.

In my opinion, these systems are the same thing, the only difference is how you share your virtual tour with your client.

2. Services such as walkinto and tourmake etc – are these the future of how tours will be made and hosted?

I think not, are only easier options to create virtual tours. If you want something personalized with your own ideas, you will end up with pano2vr or something that allow you manipulate the final result.

The advantage of these online services (called skin editors?) seems to be the connection with google maps and google street view (some say they will only allow googlestreetview photographers to use their service) The disadvantage is that tours now need a paid subscription – monthly, yearly and lifetime. I’m thinking that this is going to not only make me a tour creator but now VR tour manager.

Yes, we need to paid the hosting for all the images :)

Personally I think the future is this: https://aframe.io/ , is a web standard to create VR. If you really want to be a virtual creator you should learn aframe.io , but these need developer skills

Create virtual tours for free in minutes without programming skills with Paneek. Fronted Web developer and Founder of paneek. info@paneek.net

Chris Leary
    Chris Leary
    IVRPA Professional Member

Thanks Saul, this is very helpful. What I’m realizing is that I’ll need to provide my client with options on how the tour is provided to them. I totally get that you need to pay a hosting provider for delivering. I initially was thinking that it might be a hassle managing the various subscriptions for various clients, but now I’m thinking it could be a profit center for me when you mark those fees up!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.