Home Forums 360° Panoramic VR Photography Upgrading equipment

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Brendon Gee 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Brendon Gee
    IVRPA Professional Member

Hi Guys,

I’m a newly joined member (been visiting the forum for the past 6 months researching), I’ve been playing around with the Richo Theta S and Nikon 360 Keymission cameras for the 15 months or so creating hdr images for my 3D software and for use in my architectural practice. I feel I’m ready to step up to a full frame camera with a fisheye lens to create 360 panoramic VR’s with more detail as the above produce a lot of noise in the images.

Question to the group: I’ve been looking that the Sony Alpha 7R II. a) has anyone had experience with this camera with regards to 360 imagery and b) what fisheye lens have you been using with this camera.

Thanks in advance for your comments

Brendon Gee

Brendon Gee
    Architect / Photographer

Jürgen Schrader
    Jürgen Schrader
    IVRPA Director Member director

The A7RII besides currently without doubt is one of the best bodies one can use for panoramic work.
    I’m using it myself mostly with the Canon 8-15 as this gives one all the options to shoot just 4 around or 6+1 with a very sharp lens that delivers to the 42 mpx sensor what it deserves.

Depending on your budget and further needs there are other options available.

Jürgen Schrader
    IVRPA Vice President

Brendon Gee

Thanks Jurgen for your comments. Out of interest what adopter are you using for your lens. I like to the Canon glass as well I have/had used Canon DSL in the past.

I’m looking at the Metabones Canon EF Lens to Sony E Mount T Smart Adapter (Mark V).

Brendon Gee
    Architect / Photographer

Brendon Gee

Ok Guy, if Budget was not and issue, what would be the ideal/dream camera/lens/pano head setup for 360 Photography.

Would your ideal/dream setup be a singular camera setup or multiply cameras setup?

Thoughts/Comments

Brendon Gee
    Architect / Photographer

Jürgen Schrader
    Jürgen Schrader
    IVRPA Director Member director

The mentioned combo above currently is one of the best money can buy.
    The only alternative would be a Nikon 8xx series camera if you haven’t yet invested in Canon glas.

As for the adapter, yes, I use the Metabones IV.
    Works nicely with the fisheye and TS lenses.

Jürgen Schrader
    IVRPA Vice President

Brendon Gee

Thanks Jurgen, Haven’t purchased the glass yet, waiting for Nikon’s announcement on there 820/850.

Brendon Gee
    Architect / Photographer

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.