Announcing Metareal Stage: Creating True 3D Stereoscopic Virtual Reality from Panoramic Photographs
- Quick Metareal overview: Who we are and what we do
- 2D–360 vs 3D-VR: Is it worth the trouble to create real 3D?
- Overview of traditional tools and techniques - from photos to VR: Stereo and ominpolar stereo panoramas, photogrammetry, LiDAR, manual reconstruction; tools and pipelines.
- Strengths and limitations of traditional approaches: Accuracy, troublesome surfaces & transparent materials, complexity tradeoffs, decimation, texturing, HDR.
- Metareal Stage - next-generation pano-modelling for VR: Concepts & overview, beta product demo & pricing, availability and future development, questions.
Gareth Morgan Metareal Inc.
Gareth studied Communication Media (Design, Photography and Time-Based Media) at UCA in England. A user-experience design veteran specializing in 3D & VR applications, Gareth has built confident, effective product teams for over 20 years, bringing a wide range of both professional and consumer products & services to market at companies including Softimage, Avid, and Microsoft.…