After the Turkish-Greek people exchange in 1923, this church was first used to store goods. In 1950 it had been changed into a prison for political prisoners. Many famous Turkish intellectuals have been imprisoned here. In the middle of the church there was added a second floor and several walls created the cells for the prisoners. Since 1983 its empty. Here we are on the 1st floor and the separated part in the background served in the prison as a mosque.