Home Forums 360° Virtual Tours camera and lens for 360 degree photography and video

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Jürgen SchraderJürgen Schrader.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Reny Mathew
    IVRPA Member
    • Forum Posts: 2

hi,

im new to this VR world, could you please let me know which camera, lens is good for 360 degree photography and videography?

currently im using nikon7200 with nikon 10.5mm lens for photography, but not sure the photo quality, some photos which i saw in this website have more good quality and good sharpness. could you please help me out?

thanks
    Reny mathew

With Regards
    Reny Mathew

Jürgen Schrader
    Jürgen Schrader
    IVRPA Member
    IVRPA Director
    director
    • Forum Posts: 113
    • ★★★

Reny, the advice one can give you is heavily dependent on the purpose of your photography and/or what you want to achieve.

So, if you don’t mind to be a little bit more specific …
    The 10.5 with that camera should give you quite decent results. What is it that you are not happy with?

Jürgen Schrader
    Director

Reny Mathew
    IVRPA Member
    • Forum Posts: 2

hi Jurgen,

thank you for your reply. actully took some photographs but i think im not getting exact sharpness on the pictures. so i would like to know more about other 360 cameras as well.

With Regards
    Reny Mathew

Jürgen Schrader
    Jürgen Schrader
    IVRPA Member
    IVRPA Director
    director
    • Forum Posts: 113
    • ★★★

The 10.5 is an excellent lens and before fisheyes became ubiquitous it was widely used by most panographers. So, before looking at other lenses and cameras I’d suggest you try to figure out why your results aren’t as sharp as expected. Do you focus manually? Using live view? Mind to share a sample image?

Jürgen Schrader
    Director

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.