Home Forums General Discussion Having Trouble Buying Tickets for the IVRPA Belfast Meeting?!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    George S. Pearl
    George S. Pearl
    IVRPA Member
    • Forum Posts: 6

I am having a killer time trying to register for the IVRPA conference. I got an email that led me to registration at a reduced fee site, but this is apparently only for someone in Academia and not an associate member. Also why I am an associate member is also a question I was a professional member before renewal. How do I and my wife get tickets for this event? I have hotel reservations. There seems to be nobody to contact on our web site for the conference. When I wrote to Tickets email it was returned and said that it did not exist. So, how does one buy tickets? Please advise. Is it that everyone must now be a “professional” member of the IVRPA before they can buy a ticket? I have already paid up
    for this year, but am labeled as Associate. Is there a discount for the spouses? What do we do?
    Thanks,
    George S. Pearl, QPP
    Atlanta Panorama / ALPS Labs
    1-404-840-0834
    alps007@mindspring.com

George S. Pearl, QPP

Jürgen Schrader
    Jürgen Schrader
    IVRPA Member
    IVRPA Director
    president
    • Forum Posts: 102
    • ★★★

An email was sent to the address you signed your post with on Sat. Feb. 16th

Dear George,

thank you for your interest in the 2019 Belfast conference.

The discounted Early Bird tickets are only available to our Pro members and eligible associate members.
    If you feel that you have registered with the wrong membership, you can easily cancel your subscription and create a new appropriate membership account.

To do so, please log in to the website with your account, in the top menu click “About”, on the side menu click “Join IVRPA”, in the blue bar find the link to your account info where you then can cancel your subscription at the bottom. Probably THIS LINK also will take you directly there once you’re logged in.

After that you can create a Professional Membership account from which you will be able to see the discounted tickets as long as they are available.

For your wife you can purchase a spouse ticket hat will allow her access to our social events but not the main conference.
    To get full conference access she can purchase a non members ticket or become a member again and enjoy the benefit of reduced rates.

I sincerely apologize for the ticket-email that wasn’t working.

We’re looking forward to meet you in Belfast.

Jürgen Schrader
    President of the IVRPA

George S. Pearl
    George S. Pearl
    IVRPA Member
    • Forum Posts: 6

Hi Jurgen,

I just wanted to show you what caused the confusion:
    https://ivrpa.org/event/belfast-2019/tickets/” (see attached)

So….what happened when I did, in fact, follow this link sent to me, it apparently was for academic people.
    Then, I attempted to write to Tickets@IVRPA.org and it doesn’t operate. I was offered a ticket as an associate, but that didn’t work either.
    I hope you can now understand my confusion and why I am writing to people.

OK, so now you tell me that I need to be a Pro Member. I should have been a pro member to begin with and do not know why I was made assoc. Never-the-less, I have already paid for another year of membership so does that count any towards my professional updated membership in order for me to purchase the tickets?

Please advise…
    Thanks,
    George Pearl
    Atlanta, GA

Attachments:

George S. Pearl, QPP

Jürgen Schrader
    Jürgen Schrader
    IVRPA Member
    IVRPA Director
    president
    • Forum Posts: 102
    • ★★★

You have registered as an associate member.
    Hence you only see options for associate members.
    Associate members only can purchase discounted tickets when they provide evidence they are working in a school environment.

The correct procedure for you would be to cancel your associate membership and then register as a pro member, exactly as given in the instructions above.

The treasurer will track your payments and reimburse you in case there are any excess payments made.

Should you further have troubles please write to info@ivrpa.org and make sure to monitor your email infolder and spamfolder.

Jürgen Schrader
    President of the IVRPA

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.