Home Forums General Discussion immediate resignation of Juergen Schrader

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Joergen Geerds
    Joergen Geerds
    • Forum Posts: 15

CC: IVRPA Forum, misc FB posts & Groups

I am asking for the immediate resignation of Juergen Schrader from the Board of Directors of the IVRPA.

The recent post on the homepage of the IVRPA (Dec 2, “Statement from the President of the IVRPA 12/02/19”) makes statements in the name of the IVRPA that are unbecoming of an organization of the stature of the IVRPA. Concluding my year-long observation of bad policy and decision making by him, this latest statement is a clear indication that Juergen Schrader is unfit for the office of the President of the IVRPA.

My initial request to delete the statement asap from the IVRPA homepage was not acknowledged.

Several IVRPA members, including myself, attempted to post replies to the posted statement, all of which were deleted and not published, which amounts to censoring the (paying) members.

I am looking to see the original statement removed, as well as a new post by the BoD announcing the immediate resignation of Juergen Schrader from the BoD.

Sincerily,

Joergen Geerds

Loren Price
    Loren Price
    IVRPA Member
    • Forum Posts: 19

Based on his latest statement, Mr. Schrader is a much larger liability to the group than Mr. Rohn.

All of this could have been avoided altogether with better leadership. Instead, Mr. Schrader has demonstrated divisive tactics and a complete lack of leadership. Spending $1,400.00 for a PR person to advise and draft a statement for something that was a result of his actions is a complete waste of our dues.

I’m sure there are plenty of other questionable expenses and decisions that he has made that has put the non-profit status of the group at far more risk than what he tries to portray.

Tanja Barnes
    Tanja Barnes
    IVRPA Member
    IVRPA Director
    director
    • Forum Posts: 9

Gentlemen, there is indeed an issue in terms of leadership (or lack thereof) with IVRPA. However, to me, the problem was evident before Mr. Schrader stepped to fill the vacancy of president after Mr. Martin left.

Mr. Price, you have been provided with an accounting of IVRPA expenditures when you requested them earlier this year, and yet you made no mention of your concerns about questionable expenses when you joined in at the subsequent board meeting to discuss. That being said, you will have another opportunity to bring them up at the next board meeting.

As it is, I, for one, am looking forward to having you back on the board to help resolve this and other various issues that need to be addressed.

Henri Smeets
    Henri Smeets
    IVRPA Member
    • Forum Posts: 1

I sure hope Mr Schrader will step down very soon and let the IVRPA get back on it’s feet.

-/-/-enri

Luc Villeneuve
    IVRPA Member
    • Forum Posts: 146
    • ★★★

Gentlemen, there is indeed an issue in terms of leadership (or lack thereof) with IVRPA. However, to me, the problem was evident before Mr. Schrader stepped to fill the vacancy of president after Mr. Martin left.

I think your vision is a bit short in time. This problem has been going on for far too long. This problem was already there when I land on the BoD 2014. From a businessman and a manager standpoint, it was a shameful mess and I assure you, Keith Martin was not on the BoD.

From my standpoint, 2014 was a terrible year for IVRPA. The treasurer and the CEO just resigned on my first meeting. An horrible crash. The BoD could not access the bank accounts. The Las Vegas 2014 conference had problems. We could not send the money to secure our conference venue. The local organizer refused to continue working with the organizer from the BoD. A total mess.

This organizer noticeably needed help. So I jumped in. Create the first instance of the web site for this event, publishing talks, built the list of speakers, bio and presentation, editorial online, publishing data from sponsors, preparing an automated process to build the program. Nevertheless, the organizer never hesitate to associate my name to the friendly epithet of “idiot”.

Leadership, is not expressed by the words of one person but by actions of a group of people who have a common goal.

Don’t worry Jürgen, we will take care of the IVRPA.

Luc Villeneuve
    Professional Photographer

Président IVRPA 2016
    IVRPA - Québec 2016 conference organizer
    IVRPA - Prague 2015 conference organizer
    Board of directors 2014 - 2016

Keith Martin
    Keith Martin
    IVRPA Member
    • Forum Posts: 36
    • ★★

“the problem was evident before Mr. Schrader stepped to fill the vacancy of president after Mr. Martin left.”

Please stop mischaracterizing things. I left because I could not find a way to improve things, as my resignation letter shows. And I finished my term as president and Juergen started his in the normal manner; there was no ‘vacancy after I left.’ Your wording is dishonest.

Tanja Barnes
    Tanja Barnes
    IVRPA Member
    IVRPA Director
    director
    • Forum Posts: 9

Thank you for clarifying Mr. Martin. I reject that my wording is dishonest. That is not my intent. However, I stand corrected and I apologize for any perceived mischaracterization.

Joergen Geerds
    Joergen Geerds

I applaud the BoD for removing the statement of the president from Dec 2, 2019, although it took a bit longer than expected.

I am still waiting for a new post announcing the resignation of Juergen Schrader from the BoD, since it was his name under the very unwise statement that almost got the organization into legal jeopardy. If I interpret the rumors correctly, Juergen Schrader (as IVRPA president) approved to pay a PR agency about $1400 (or €?) to draft the statement, plus an unknown sum for a lawyer. I find this a wasteful expenditure of IVRPA membership dues (incl mine), and Juergen Schrader has to bear the responsibility for this action and resign from the BoD immediately.

Joergen Geerds
    Joergen Geerds

An informal, unofficial and incomplete quick poll among some IVRPA members showed a very strong public opinion for Juergen Schrader’s immediate resignation. The numbers are about 4 in favor of Juergen Schrader not resigning, and 44 are in favor of the immediate resignation of Juergen Schrader (8% vs 92% as of Dec 5, 2019).

Jeffrey Martin
    Forum Member

Jurgen Schrader (and whoever supports him at this point) is destroying whatever credibility the IVRPA has left (basically none at this point). What is he trying to prove, and how on earth is it possible to spend $1200 on such a libelous post, with the intent to publicly cause distress to another person? This behavior is utterly shameful. If Jurgen wants to make himself a pariah of this community he is free to do so, but he should not do it at the expense of destroying this organization, which is what he’s doing now.

Please, just go!

Joscelin Trouwborst
    Joscelin Trouwborst
    IVRPA Member

Dear all,

I was not involved in what has been going on. But, my stand is extremely simple. Someone who posts the kind of post that was on the front page of our community where our clients and other parties of our interest can read it, not only damages the stature of the community, but inherently that of its members and their business. Such, is proof of being unfit to serve as a board member, let alone its president.

Jürgen Schrader, there is only one fitting way to take responsibility for this, that is to step down immediately, acknowledging the opposition you have created, which also makes you unsuitable to take any decisions on behalf of the community any longer. It would be wise to accept that your tenure is over.

Cheers, Joscelin

Holger Schulze
    Holger Schulze
    IVRPA Member

Good Evening all,

Sorry to say, but it looks like a fight in a kindergartens sandbox. A lot of statements with accusations. It’s painful to see. Maybe it’s better to liquidate the whole IVRPA?

Best
    Holger

Thomas Sharpless
    Thomas Sharpless
    IVRPA Member
    • Forum Posts: 32
    • ★★

Everyone who would rather squabble than manage the Association, please step down.

IVRPA is too valuable to me, and to many others, to be allowed to fall apart now.

I believe that a lot of the problem is due to anxiety felt by BOD members who have not got time to do the administrative jobs they know the Assn. needs. Perhaps a part time professional manager and staff would help. When I was on the BOD we had enough cash flow to make that possible.

Dr. Carsten T. Rees
    Dr. Carsten T. Rees
    IVRPA Member

It is always very sad to see personal accusations in such a forum and in such a valuable community. Personally I am extremely thankful to Thomas Sharpless for his statement! And to me as just a simple member of the IVRPA his suggestions is perfectly reasonable. In short: Thank you Thomas, as a simple member I second your proposal!

Omnis mundi creatura
    quasi liber et pictura
    nobis est et speculum.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.