Home Forums 360° Virtual Tours Kolor Panotour Pro

• This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Margund SallowskyMargund Sallowsky.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Margund Sallowsky
    Margund Sallowsky
    Forum Member
    • Forum Posts: 10

Hi,
    does anyone know and can give advise please, on tours that have been produced with Kolor Panotour Pro software will stop working or stop displaying properly in current browsers in the future?
    I have still 41 active tours online, life running for my Gallery clients.( The tours will need to stay online for the foreseeable future.
    I know that there is a migration possible in Pano2VR, but it is not all that easy to do.
    I’ll be great full for any information on this topic.

Thanks MS

To view go to:
    https://rmitgallery.com/digital/

I have purchased the 3DVista replacing PTP, but it would be a huge job to remaster all these tours.

msp

Jürgen Schrader
    Jürgen Schrader
    IVRPA Member
    IVRPA Director
    director
    • Forum Posts: 111
    • ★★★

Hello Margund,

while your tours seem not to be overly rich with specific features, it of course is difficult to predict if and when the day will come that general technological “advancements” (of browser technology) will render them impossible to maintain.

For a software that no longer is developed, it also is unlikely that someone will give you a guarantee that this never will happen.

So, with this background, and if you want to be on the safe side, I’d recommend to convert your tours rather sooner than later. Luckily I made the move from PTP to Pano2VR already years ago, because PTP didn’t offer the flexibility I needed.
    From what I’ve seen also 3D Vista should be sufficient for the kind of tours you have built. The big question is, which platform will allow easiest and fastest conversion. Unfortunately I can’t be of any help here, as I have no personal experience with such kind of work.

Jürgen Schrader
    Director

Margund Sallowsky
    Margund Sallowsky
    Forum Member

Hello Jürgen,
    thank you for your comments, I will further investigate to find a solution to be able to convert some of these tours.
    The existing tours should function correctly on user devices for a number of years.
    But at some future time, new or existing devices running newer web browsers or software versions then may may no longer support functions needed for displaying
    the panorama tours correctly (or at all).
    Exactly when these failures may occur, and how severely they will affect viewing the tours,
    are impossible to predict – but sooner or later issues could certainly arise, and be difficult or impossible to fix.

Best Margund

Margund Sallowsky
    Photographer
    Dipl. Fotografin (Essen Germany)
    Grad.Dip. Fine Art
    Photography, (RMIT, Melbourne Australia)

email: msphotographics@mac.com

Image Gallery:
    url: https://msphotographics.smugmug.com

url: http://msphotographics.com.au
    ph & fax: 03 99390398
    m: 0407168660

I acknowledge the Traditional Owners of the land where I live and work, the Wurundjeri people of the Kulin Nations, and pay my respects to the Elders both past and present.

msp

Brian Richards
    Brian Richards
    IVRPA Member
    • Forum Posts: 35
    • ★★

PanotourPro is a GUI interface to KRPano, which is very much alive and providing updates for PTP, that mean it should be good for the foreseeable future, if you update your KRPano license Panotour update

Brian Richards
    Immersive Media Maker & Educator
    360fusion.net

Margund Sallowsky
    Margund Sallowsky
    Forum Member

Hi Brian, thank you for the update and information on the KRP license.
    I do have the current license. Thank you this is very reassuring.

Best wishes Margund

msp

Margund Sallowsky
    Margund Sallowsky
    Forum Member

Best wishes Margund

msp

Margund Sallowsky
    Margund Sallowsky
    Forum Member

Best wishes Margund

msp

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.