Home Forums General Discussion Anyone doing commercial photography in Mexico?

  • This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 4 months ago by Patrick Nealis.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • #7228

    Patrick Nealis
    Forum Member
    • Forum Posts: 4

    I am traveling to Mexico next month and wanting to do some commercial photography for restaurants, clubs and hotels. I am wondering if anyone here has done something like this and if the could/would share knowledge on whether or not any permits or licenses are required? I traveling around the State of Jalisco.

    Thanks in advance.


    Sam Rohn
    • Forum Posts: 314
    • ★★★★

    typically speaking, most countries do not require any sort of official license to be a commercial photographer, although there may be local labor laws about employing a foreign national etc,

    and typically a “permit” is not required for private property like a shop, permits are only for commercial photography in a public space like a street or park etc, private property typically only requires the property owner’s permission

    otherwise, a local film commission would help obtain permits and permission for commercial photography and film making in their region




    Patrick Nealis
    Forum Member
    • Forum Posts: 4

    Thanks for the response and the links, Sam. Very helpful.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.